The Best Way to Wash our CAPLights™ and POWERCAPS™
“The dishwasher is a fantastic way to make sure hats keep their shapes,” says Linda Cobb, a cleaning expert who is also known as the Queen of Clean.
- Remove the batteries from the battery holder case and replace cover before washing.
- Put hats on the top rack, head opening down, on a separate wash cycle from dishes because you can’t use dishwasher detergent (many contain bleaching agents). Instead, fill the detergent cup with borax, found in the supermarket laundry aisle.
- Run a regular cycle without the heated dry option.
- Pull the cap out and remove the battery holder cover and wipe out any moisture with a paper towel.
- Leave the battery holder uncovered and place hat over a glass or jar to dry.
- When dry, replace the batteries making sure the plus side is facing out and install the battery holder cover.
- You may need to open the Velcro adjustment strap a smidgen the first time you wear the cap after washing but it should stretch back out to its original size.